Ras Al Khaimah Municipality was established in 1959 by an Emiri decree issued by His Highness Sheikh Saqr bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, to facilitate the functioning of different authorities in the emirate such as the ports, land and traffic departments.
His Highness Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, the then Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, issued Resolution No. 5 of 2004 under the Municipal Law of the Year 1981 to enhance the organisational structure of the Municipality. This enabled the Municipality to keep pace with economic, urban, commercial and environmental developments taking place in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Ras Al Khaimah Municipality has since adopted modern systems by electronically linking all municipal departments to ensure quality and speed of procedures.
Click here to visit the website of Ras Al Khaimah Municipality.